Bamboo Toothbrush or Plastic Toothbrush?
Well, we want you to make that decision after reading this article.
Everyone knows about the ever-increasing plastic pollution and the initiatives being taken worldwide to reduce its usage. People are making a shift to eco-friendly products. Governments are planning to ban single-use plastic items. So far bamboo products have taken the place of single-use items.
Is there any difference between a bamboo toothbrush and regular toothbrush?
When it comes to dental hygiene, people don’t want to take risks. In addition to saving the planet, they want to be sure of their oral health. Bamboo toothbrushes are like the regular toothbrushes you are currently using. They have a handle and nylon bristles to clean the food bits and plaque from your mouth. You would find the same bristle types – soft, ultrasoft or medium, with a handle made of bamboo instead of plastic.
There are a lot more options available like specially designed small-sized toothbrushes for kids, a toothbrush with charcoal infused bristles, OLA tech brushes if you want slightly larger head.
What are the advantages of bamboo/ bamboo toothbrush?
Here are some benefits of Bamboo and Bamboo toothbrush –
- Bamboo has natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties so there would be no fear of harmful bacteria growing on it. Just keep it dry after usage. Open bamboo toothbrush holders are also available that let your toothbrushes to dry naturally and stay hygienic.
- Bamboo is a sustainable material hence bamboo toothbrush is eco-friendly. Bamboo is the fastest growing plant, it grows naturally at a rate of up to 4 feet per day, without the addition of any chemical substances.
- OLA Bamboo toothbrush is made with Moso bamboo. Pandas do not eat Moso bamboo so we are not taking away panda’s food source.
- Unlike plastic toothbrushes, the packaging of OLA Bamboo toothbrush is recyclable or compostable by city. So good for the environment.
- Bamboo is 100% biodegradable and the handle of bamboo toothbrushes can be composted after removing the nylon bristles.